KIDS class (from 5 years old)
17.15 to 18.15
17.15 to 18.15
Please note: The kids classes are always open during all School holidays (including Summer holidays) and FREE for new parents during school holidays
ADULT classes (mixed level):
Every Tuesday (Adults Study Hall): 18.30 to 20.00
Every Thursday: 18.30 to 20.00
Every Saturday: 10.30 to 12.00pm
All trainings take place at the Gracie Barra School (in the SlaughterHouse upstairs).
Our Capoeira classes are designed to cover all the fundamental aspects of Capoeira, including:
- The importance of a good warm-up
- Developing stamina, core strength, coordination, flexibility & agility
- Basic technics such as kicks, escapes & basic Capoeira acrobatics
- How to apply the technics learnt with a partner
- How to apply the movements previously learnt inside the roda (the circle where the game takes place)
- Singing capoeira song in Portuguese
- Playing percussion instruments (Berimbau, Atabaque, etc.)
- Learning & appreciating the history of Capoeira and how it evolves in the world today
Beginners are more than welcome to join us and can try the first class for free.
No need to book a place in advance. Just turn up on the day.
Make sure you wear comfortable/ loose-fitting trouser (no jeans) and a bottle of water.
There is NO fitness level required and no need for specific physical preparation before starting capoeira.
Only motivation, perseverance and hard work will take you where you want to be!